your holiday rights - information and advice on your holiday rights



You need a new E111

The E111 form, which guarantees free or discounted healthcare within the EU, is about to expire. A new form comes in on January 1 2005 and the old ones will no longer be valid.

Many travel insurers insist that you carry a form, or waive an excess if you use the form when you need medical treatment.

The main difference between the new and the old form is that, although a family may apply as a group, each family member must have their own form.

To renew your E111, which expires on December 21 2004, visit your post office or download an application at www.dh.gov.uk/travellers.

This new E111 will be valid for a year, because European Health Insurance cards are replacing E111s in 2006. You can tick a box on the new E111 form to have a new european heath insurance card issued to you automatically.

Don't forget to take the completed form to the post office to have it validated / stamped and to tick the box to have a heath insurance card issued to you automatically.


© TMC Limited. All rights reserved.